Virtual Recall Inc. (“We”) take your privacy very seriously. We protect the privacy of all information that we receive while you surf the Virtual Recall Inc. web site at http://www.virtualrecall.com (“our site”), communicate electronically with us and provide us with your personal information.
We believe it is important for you to know how we treat information about you that we may receive via our site or otherwise and how we carry out data processing practices through the use of the Internet and any other electronic communications networks.
Please read the following information carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- “You” or “your” means you, the individual using our site; and
- “We”, “our” and “us” refers to Virtual Recall Inc., and its affiliates. We are the data controller.
- The information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or otherwise (for example, every time you email us or provide us with your details via customer forms, customer reviews, over the telephone, by fax or by mail). This includes information provided at the time of requesting or subscribing to any service, making a purchase or registering for information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete customer feedback or surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of online payment transactions you carry out through our site or electronic invoicing system and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Information that you do not enter into a form at our web site: for example, we log details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, your web browser’s request header information and the resources that you access. This information is used for statistical purposes only.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any other reason. For example, to report a problem with the site or to submit comments or suggestions.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for our system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
You will find that it is not compulsory to provide us with any additional information we request which is not necessary or reasonable in order to provide you with the services you have requested.
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us to use it. You are not allowed to provide us with their personal information without their permission, and you must not do so.
- Use made of your information
When personal information, such as your name and e-mail address, is collected from you with your consent (for example, through the use of on-line or offline data collection forms, via e-mail or telephone etc.) we generally let you know at the time of collection how we will use that personal information. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide requested services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To carry out market research campaigns.
- To notify you about any changes to our services or site, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- To keep information in compliance with our legal obligations.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the form on the Get in touch page of our site). As a supporter of the Coalition Against Unsolicited Email (CAUCE) we strongly disapprove of spamming. You won’t receive any unsolicited email as a result of visiting our site. Web server log files: we log your browser’s request header information for statistical purposes only. We draw up these statistics because they contain important anonymous information which we use to improve the quality of the information that you find at our web site.
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for us or for one of our service providers. Such individuals may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Where your personal information is disclosed to our service providers for these purposes, they only have access to the information needed to perform their functions, and our contractual arrangements with them do not permit them to use your personal information for their own purposes.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes or use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
- Collection and storage of your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to provide a high level of data security on our servers. We won’t disclose those measures for obvious reasons but you can be sure that we take reasonable precautions to protect all data from loss, misuse or alteration and to safeguard and secure the data you provide to us.
- Disclosing Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Who are business partners (such as our web and technology hosting companies, payment processing company, accountancy organizations, database management company, printing companies, mailing houses, fulfilment companies and SMS data handling company).
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Virtual Recall Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will NOT otherwise disclose any personally identifiable information to any third party except where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data as required by law, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Virtual Recall Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other organizations for the purposes of crime prevention, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
A cookie is a chunk of information that a web site can save to your browser’s cookie file. The same web site that stored the cookie (and no one else’s) can retrieve this information, even at a subsequent visit if the cookie stored was a “permanent cookie”.
- Access to Information and your rights
With respect to personal data that we hold pertaining to you, you have the following rights:
- The right to be told whether we are processing personal data which relates to you, and if so:
- A description of that personal data;
- The personal information in that personal data;
- The sources of that personal information;
- The purposes for which we are using it; and
- The recipients of that personal data.
If you require any of this information, you must submit a written request and pay a fee of $10. We may require proof of your identity before we supply the information to you.
- The right to prevent processing that is causing – or is likely to cause – substantial damage or distress.
- The right to require us not to make certain decisions automatically if they significantly affect you
- You may also ask us to make any necessary changes to the personal data in order to ensure that it is accurate and up to date.
Should you wish to contact us about any of these matters, please use the contact details set out below.
- Choice / Opting out
Using our Contact form (http://www.virtualrecall.com/get-in-touch): we cannot process your request unless you enter your valid email address. The form does not support anonymous requests. Virtual Recall Inc. does not distribute or publish personally identifiable information entered into this form.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the details set out at the foot of this policy.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks (such as our online payment provider), advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Web server log file information: if you want to provide as little request header information as possible you can use services like Anonymizer.com to surf the web. They will cut certain information from your page requests, such as your browser’s name, your operating system, and the web address of the page that you looked at before you visited our site (“http_referer”). We do not recommend doing this. If you don’t tell our program which web browser you use it assumes that the request originates from a non-standard web browser and will therefore run in a very simple mode without any advanced features.
- Customer Data