Get a YES from your clients
Sign up below!
The countdown has begun
Are you GDPR ready?
Don’t miss out on being able to stay connected with all your clients, to help keep their animals healthy and grow your future business.
From 25th May 2018, you will require overt consent from your clients to send them marketing communications. But getting and staying GDPR compliant could be a hugely time-consuming task for your team (without the help of some clever technology!)
No additional workload for your team to capture ALL your clients’ consent and communication preferences.
The only solution that can seamlessly send personalised SMS, Email & Postal messages to gain, maintain and manage your clients’ consent and communication preferences on an ongoing basis for less than the cost of a Royal Mail stamp
- Fully automated & personalised: consent requests, bespoke to your practice, tailored to each client
- Future-proof: your database can be automatically maintained on an ongoing basis, gaining new clients’ consent
- Flexible: clients can manage their communication preferences
- Real-time: track your KPIs via your secure online iRecall® Hub
- PMS agnostic: compatible with a broad range of systems
How does it work?
Personalised SMS, Email & Postal requests sent to each client to gain consent.
- Once a client has given their consent, no further requests will be sent
- Message wording is optimised at each stage of the campaign and tailored for active and lapsed clients
- SMARTdelivery™ technology to maximise response rates.
Existing iRecall® customers
Supplement your iRecall® Remind and Review messages after the May deadline with communication preference requests.
iRecall® automatically selects the best delivery method for each individual client.
The world has changed significantly since the Data Protection Act in 1998. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a European-wide overhaul of what and how companies collect and store personal information about their customers and staff. It came into force on 25th May 2018, and while the UK is still an EU member, it will be part of UK law post-Brexit. The deadline offered practices an excellent opportunity to review data protection policies, gain clients’ opt-in and ensured appropriate measures are in place. Your practice, as the registered data controller, is responsible for how personal data is processed within the business. This includes any data you store on your employees, as well as your clients.
As of the May deadline, you are required to have evidence of consent from your clients to be able to send them marketing communications.
Currently, most practices bundle “marketing” consent into their terms and conditions, however, this will no longer be good enough. Consent must be explicit and traceable – that is having a signed piece of paper or a digital fingerprint/record. It will also need regularly renewing. Verbal consent is no longer acceptable (unless you record the conversation!). So, getting and staying GDPR compliant could be a hugely time-consuming task for your team if done manually.
iRecall® Consent Management is the only solution that can seamlessly send personalised SMS, email & postal messages to gain, manage and maintain your clients’ consent and communication preferences on an ongoing basis, without additional workload for your team.
You should contact ALL your customers from the last 5 years, even those who you haven’t seen recently as you will not be allowed to do so after May 2018 for marketing purposes.
We believe GDPR is a great opportunity to re-engage with all your clients, show them that you take their privacy matters seriously and value the trust they put in you. It can also re-ignite you with your inactive clients and bring them back into the practice. We’ve tailored the messaging according to whether they are an active or inactive client.
We regularly communicate with over 2million owners on behalf of our customers, and experience tells us that incorporating personal salutations and their animals’ names makes clients more responsive.
iRecall®’s SMARTdelivery™ technology will automatically select the best delivery method (SMS, email or post) for each client based on the information in your PMS, however, you can override these and determine the delivery hierarchy yourself during the installation process.
You are able to track results in real-time via the secure iRecall® Hub, including open rates, conversion rates and message logs. There are also reports highlighting any discrepancies between the information in your PMS & iRecall®
Opt-in rates will vary from practice to practice and also between active and inactive clients. We cannot guarantee that 100% of your clients will give you their consent for marketing purposes but you’ll be able to establish a far stronger relationship with those that do. You will also have shown all your clients that you take their privacy matters seriously.
iRecall® can provide your PMS provider with an API which they would be able to use.
It is important to remember gaining consent is not a one-off and that your clients’ preferences will need to be managed on an ongoing basis. After the 25th May 2018, you will not be able to contact any of your clients that haven’t consented for marketing purposes with marketing materials. If you are an iRecall® Remind or Review customer, we would able to enhance your service by sending supplementary messages (up to 3 per client) to gain your clients’ communication preferences.
You should also only keep data for as long as you need it, so you may want to consider anonymising older data.
Although Client Consent is an important part of getting your practice GDPR ready, we know it’s not the whole story! The ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) have a useful 12 step guide on what you need to do. Here’s the link: www.ico.org.uk
8 Principles of Data Protection
- Fair and Lawful: only collect what you need to from a client
- Intended purpose: only collect and keep data for its original use
- Keep the right amount: too much is unnecessary and too little could be detrimental to the service you can provide
- Accurate: It is important to ensure that you make an effort to ensure clients details are correct, by using a contact detail checking system
- Retention: only keep data for as long as you need it. For clinical purposes this may be as long as 5 years, however other data, such as financial information, should be less
- Client Rights: your clients can request to know what information you hold and to be forgotten. In a veterinary practice there may be reasons why this may not be possible – for example, clinical notes and invoice information
- Secure: ensure wandering eyes can’t see a computer screen and your IT network is not open to cyber attacks
- International: consider where you may be storing data. Do any of the IT services you use pass data beyond the EEC (an email server or website for example), in which case special precautions should be taken